Less then a week… ok let’s talk days… yes we are days away from another delicious Sunday of complete cooking. In case you’re not familiar with what I’m talking about I will give you a mini recap:
In January, Diana from 365 Days of Easy Recipes and I joined forces, and spent an entire Sunday cooking with you on Facebook. We shared stories about our families, tips of how to prepare #mealtimesuccess and stocked our freezer with delicious comfort classics! Now we’re back with the Spring Edition of our Virtual Freezer Meal Party. <– Click here to head to the facebook event and join in the fun! You get to watch us, cook along side us, or catch up later when you have some time. All in all it will be a busy day but completely worth it when I can reach into my freezer and grab dinner (no prep required).
So now on to the delicious part of what’s to come… the recipe! I can’t wait to share this with you on Sunday, but in the meantime take a look at what’s coming up!
This meal is designed to be a cook & freeze dish. That means, you can make 5 stuffed peppers and cook them now for dinner, and you make 5 to put in a freezer for another night – no extra steps!
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 11 medium Peppers one diced
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn defrosted
- 1/2 cup Cilantro diced
- 1 can 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Chilies like Rotel
- 2 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese mexican blend
- 1 package Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut the tops off 4 peppers. Remove the seeds and discard any insides. Place cut side up in a high sided baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet add ground turkey and cook over medium-high heat breaking up large pieces until no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Into the skillet with the turkey add the onions, garlic, and remaining chopped bell pepper. Cook until soft (about 3-4 minutes). Add the taco seasoning, cumin, and smokey paprika. Stir until everything is mixed well.
- Stir in beans, and corn. Add can of diced tomatoes and cilantro. Let simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. If you’re going to freeze let cool completely – if not continue to the next step!
- Divide the turkey mixture between the ten peppers. Top with ¼ cup of cheese mixture. If you’re cooking immediately – add about 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan (It helps with your peppers not sticking during the cooking). If you’re planning to freeze – skip this. The cooking from frozen time (no actual defrosting) will create enough liquid in the bottom to help.
- Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue to cook until cheese bubbles (about 15 minutes).COOK FROM FROZEN: Cook in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, then remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Yup! That’s about it! One now, and one for later! How GREAT is that?!
Let’s take a moment, I want to ask: Are you ready for Sunday? Make sure to click below to download your printable shopping list + the recipes! Everything is completely FREE! And make sure to join us here at The Virtual Freezer Meal Party: Spring Edition!
Both Diana and I both excited to see you on Sunday! Above you have my 5 FREE delicious recipes PERFECT for stocking your freezer… but there’s more! Make sure to head over to 365 Days of Easy Recipes for Dianas five recipes as well!
Plus – don’t forget to join us on Sunday! and use the hashtag #VirtualFreezerMealParty ! Can’t wait to see you there!