Welcome to this beautiful day! I can’t believe we have less then one week until Diana and I host our #VirtualFreezerMealParty again! This Sunday we will be cooking all day long – getting our freezers stocked for beautiful Spring that’s upon us! I can’t believe winter is almost gone… I’m really looking forward to getting back outdoors with the kids, and burning energy with them! Ha Ha ha!
Spending time with my kids is big on my priority list, and I love when they help me in the kitchen, but sometimes, I just want to ‘throw something in the oven’ and forget about it. That’s where these meals come handy.
Today I’m sharing this mouth watering chicken recipe that is perfect for one, or four! I love that you can individually wrap these and take out the exact amount you need. I think it’s handy when you’re looking to serve just yourself, or your family. I created this recipe to serve four, but you can easily double this up! It takes little time to prep, and about 40 minutes to bake in the oven (from freshly prepared) or 50 minutes frozen. You don’t want to defrost this before cooking… straight from freezer to oven!
Prosciutto Wrapped & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 breasts Chicken about 2lbs
- 8 slices Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese smooth
- 1/4 cup Basil loosely packed, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Parmesean Cheese shaved
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl mix the ricotta cheese, basil, egg, ¼ cup of parmesan flakes, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside. In a large freezer bag pound out your chicken breasts (one at a time) until they are thin (about ¼ – ½ inch).
- Remove chicken from the bag and add about 2 tbsp of cheese mixture in the middle. Roll together tightly, tucking in the sides. Lay two slices of prosciutto side by side slightly overlapping. Add the rolled chicken breast, and roll once again tightly.
- Preheat oven to375 degrees. Lay frozen (or freshly prepared breasts) seem side down in an oven proof skillet or on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake from freshly rolled about 40 minutes, and ‘from frozen’ about 50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
Have you made this? Snap a picture and share it on instagram! Make sure to tag @Kaitie_FuchsiaFreezer and #VirtualFreezerMealParty!
Make sure you join us at our EXCLUSIVE Facebook Event!
So as you know by now, this is just one of the delicious recipes that I’ve created for our #VirtualFreezerMealParty. Want the rest? Click and download the complete bundle below!
Inside you have access to:
- 5 FREE and delicious recipes
- FREE Printable Shopping List
- PLUS… Extras!
Remember, freezer meals aren’t just for large families! Anyone can participate and help create #mealtimesuccess!
And don’t forget to visit Diana at 365 Days of Easy Recipes to download another 5 delicious recipes! Can’t wait to see you Sunday!