Grab your ingredients, dump in the crock pot, and forget about it! 6 hours later, you will come home to the smell of a delicious and warm dinner ready! Perfect for a busy weeknight!
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1lb)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 540mL can of petite diced tomatoes with black pepper and roasted garlic
- 1 398mL can of salt-free tomato sauce
- 1 540mL can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smokey paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, sour cream, tortilla strips, shredded cheese, hot sauce, cilantro… the possibilities are endless!
- In your crockpot add diced onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, chicken broth, frozen corn kernels, and spices.
- Give everything a good stir, and add chicken breasts.
- Add the lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When time is up, remove chicken breasts. Shred with two fork and return to slow cooker with fresh cilantro. Stir together, and serve warm!
- Enjoy your favourite toppings and dig in!
Freeze It: Portion out single servings and freeze in small or medium sized freezer bags. Defrost overnight in the fridge and enjoy a delicious warm lunch or dinner!
Keywords: chicken, tortilla, soup, lunch, dinner, crock pot,