Who doesn’t love muffins? Really… there are so many varieties, and so many sizes and ways to make them. You can totally indulge or comply with a healthy lifestyle… you can add so many toppings and so many fillings… so when I added these to my muffin repertoire, I had to make sure they were delicious enough to contend with all the other recipes out there.
I like these ones since they offer oatmeal which helps keep me satisfied longer, and a little less sugar because of the sweet blueberries helps out as well. While they aren’t sitting in the “total indulgence” category, they are sitting in the ‘perfect for breakfast, an easy snack, and lunch friendly’ categories… and those are definitely a few reasons why they will continue to end up on our kitchen table.
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Apple Sauce unsweetened
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the apple sauce, egg, vegetable oil, and butter.
- Mix the dry items into the wet items stirring until half way mixed through. Stir in blueberries gently, and continue to mix until everything comes together. Do not over mix.
- Bake 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
If for some reason you think you made too many, these are perfect for the freezer. Place in a freezer bag, and defrost on your counter or in your microwave. Talk about easy right?!
If you follow me on Instagram, you would know there are more muffin recipes coming your way! My daughter Hazel (who turned two 2 weeks ago) helped me test a new recipe… so make sure you come back for more fall inspired recipes, also if you follow me on Instagram, you will get a chance to see what’s happening in the kitchen!