A delicious way to enjoy apples any time of the year! Serve with this warm Stovetop Apple Butter or your favourite topping!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 apples shredded
- 2-3 cups milk**
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- In a medium bowl mix together the eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, shredded apple, apple sauce, and 2 cups of milk.
- Note: I use 3 cups of milk as my waffle maker requires my batter to be on the runnier side. I have one that requires you to pour the batter into the machine from the top… if you have a waffle maker that requires you to open-pour-close the lid then you may not need the extra cup of milk.
- Prepare your waffles as per your waffle iron directions.
Freeze It: Any left overs you may have can be frozen and cooked from frozen! Place in your toaster to reheat OR if you’re making a large amount, reheat in a oven at 300 degrees for 20 mins, flipping half way through!
Keywords: apples, cinnamon, waffles, breakfast,