I urge you to double this… no triple this… these classic waffles are the perfect base for all of your favourite syrupy toppings, or left alone but you will want a lot. Why? So you can freeze them, and conquer the morning hunger easily!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups Milk
- Preheat your oven to warm setting or 200 degrees. As your waffles finish, you can keep them warm in the oven if you’re enjoying immediately.
- Turn your waffle maker on. If you have a temperature setting, I chose setting 3 which is medium for me.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, shortening, vanilla, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into waffle maker and follow the necessary directions.
Freeze It: Make sure they have cooled completely and store in a freezer bag for up to one month.
Keywords: breakfast, waffles, classic waffles, freezer friendly, make ahead,