Bagged salad doesn’t have to be boring any more! Try amping up this sweet salad with a warm and creamy Fried Goat Cheese Balls and hearty butternut squash.
- Sweet Kale Salad Mix (I purchase one that has dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and lemony poppy seed dressing. We are not using the dressing in this recipe).
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fried Goat Cheese Balls
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Peel, de-seed and chop the butternut squash into bits sized pieces. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over, add salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Prepare the Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe below).
- While the squash is roasting, start the goat cheese balls. You can find the steps for that on this Green & Fried Goat Cheese Salad post. You don’t need this, but I really think it makes a huge difference when it comes together, and it may look a little daunting but it’s so darn easy!
- Assemble the salad! Add you greens and salad mix ins in a medium bowl. Pour vinaigrette over and mix well. Divide onto four plates. Top with 1/4 of the butternut squash and 3 fried goat cheese balls.
Keywords: cheese, salad, butternut squash, main course, dinner, salad