So here we are, another weeknight, and another meal to make. Now what? Well you can really make magic happen with a few simple meal prep steps and some awesome meal planning! Not sure what I’m talking about? Click here for Meal Planning 101: The Basics – the beginners guide to meal planning. It even comes with an awesome free printable!
Can’t fathom meal prep? Sound like too much? Well click here and you can read all about how to Meal Prep Like A Boss for the week in just a short amount of time on the weekend AND you will also score another two free printables. How can you say no to that?
Chicken Burrito Bowls are a delicious and fun way to mix it up at dinner time. The best part? You have minimal cooking time, and each person can customize it! Sounds lik
e a win-win right? Well find out here how to get delicious Mexican Style Chicken done in your crock pot! It’s perfect to make on a Sunday so you have delicious shredded chicken for tacos, salads, and this simple and delicious burrito bowl.
You can serve this warm or cold… I prefer it cold since it’s pretty warm around here in the summer months, and the thought of heating up my kitchen on a 35 degree day makes me want to cry. To top off your burrito bowls, there is an added recipe for Avocado, Cilantro & Lime Dressing. It adds freshness to these bowls, and is also a total bonus if you’re making salad at the end of the week.Print
Use left over rotisserie chicken, or even left over turkey! These delicious bowls come together quickly, and let you get dinner on the table in minutes!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 5 cups cooked rice (I use basmati)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup corn, if frozen, defrost
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato diced
- Avocado, Cilantro & Lime Dressing (recipe below)
- Cook the rice as per directed.
- If you want a warm burrito bowl: In a small pot add 1/2 cup water, corn, and black beans. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Serve on warm rice.
- Skip step 2 if you want a cold dinner (our favourite). In your bowl add about 1 1/4 cup of rice, about 1/3 cup of black beans, 1/4 cup shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of corn, 1/4 cup diced tomatoes.
- Top with fresh cilantro, hot sauce, avocado slices & Avocado, Cilantro & Lime Dressing.
Keywords: chicken, turkey, burrito, bowl, rice, avocado, dip, lime
And there you have it! Quick and easy… another filling, delicious and healthy meal in the books. If you’re looking for added health benefits, try switching out the basmati rice for brown.
We can’t forget about the added bonus of this tasty Avocado, Cilantro & Lime Dressing. This is just the thing to make this meal come together!Print
This simple dressing comes together in minutes and is bursting with fresh flavour! Want to lighten it up a bit? Swap out the mayo for greek yogurt, add a tad more salt & pepper, and reduce the olive oil to 5 tbsp. Thin out with water for desired consistency.
- 7 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- Place everything into a food processor. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add water if you would like it to be a bit thinner.
Keywords: avocado, cilantro, dip, dressing, lime
And that’s it my friends. I hope this series has inspired some easy meals, some quality time with your family and hopefully a little organization in the chaos of new routines, back to school and all of those new schedules and changes that are on the verge of appearing.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have yourself a wonderful week and check back often!