Hello sweet friend! How was your weekend? Ours was busy! I still can’t get over how fast time is flying these days! We are already planning for summer vacations and summer camps… it’s going to be a fantastic summer (plus this year I’m home with all three kiddos, I’m really looking forward to it)!
I have so many ideas and plans for the summer, and I want the kids to get involved in planning a great couple of months home together, so I am in the process of getting our Summer Planner together (more on that coming soon!!).
Summer also means another thing: summer get togethers! Who’s with me? Pool parties, bonfires, dinners out and at home… after a winter of hibernating it just seems that everyone is itching to get out of the house and enjoy the great outdoors. I love having people over and making lots of food to enjoy, but seeing as I want to try and make healthy choices (since it’s so easy to over indulge in all of the snack food), I thought I would share with you an amazing dip that is always a huge hit around here.
I lightened up this Buffalo Chicken Dip by using calorie-wise dressing, and light cream cheese. The hot sauce, and the mozzarella cheese are still a huge part of this, and although the dip is lighter, the flavours definitely aren’t!
Quick tip: Pre-cook 3-4 chicken breasts in your slow cooker at the beginning of the week with just a little salt and pepper. Cook on low 4-6 hours. When they’re done, shred with two forks, let cool and throw into a zip bag in your fridge. That way you have delicious lean chicken ready for salads, throw in casseroles or to add to this delicious dip!
Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 brick Light Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Hot Sauce (like Frank's)
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing reduced calorie
- 1/2 cup Parmesean Cheese shredded
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor add the cream cheese, ranch dip, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and hot sauce. Pulse until well combined.
- Stir in the shredded chicken. Pour into an oven safe dish, and top with remains cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Serve hot with your favourite crudités or crackers.
Also, to help stay on track, I serve this with a mixture of both whole wheat crackers and cut up carrot & celery sticks. If you do decide to cut up vegetables for this, I suggest you use something that’s sturdy and can scoop dip.
What is your favourite potluck dish to bring? How about a go to snack? Make this once, and I promise you will have guests knocking at your door or inviting you to the next BBQ because of this dip.