Did you rush out the door again today with out eating breakfast?
Did you stop at the coffee shop on your way to work, or getting your kids to school and grab “the usual”?
What if “the usual” became something delicious, warm and perfect for on the go? The best part? It doesn’t take a million ingredients or a ton of time!
Browned butter makes this muffin a total winner with deep nutty flavours, and the burst of strawberries and blueberries adds a freshness like none other! I absolutely loved the combo of this and will keep these stocked in the pantry no matter what.
Also, any friends on weight watchers? They little beauties come in a 6 Smart Points a piece, and I have to say they definitely rival any loaf of muffin from Starbucks! #Biased
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a stainless steel pot over medium heat add the stick of butter and melt.
- Once melted, whisk constantly over medium heat. It will start to turn a golden colour, and once, that happens remove from the heat and continue whisking another 45 seconds. Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking soda and sugars. Whisk together.
- In a food processor, add the melted browned butter, bananas, vanilla, and eggs. Pulse until mixed together. Add to the flour mixture.
- Stir everything together until mixed well. Add the strawberries and blueberries. Stir gently.
- Spoon into a prepared muffin tin. Each well should be 3/4 full.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
I like warming up the muffins for about 15 seconds in the microwave before eating. Then they taste almost like they came out of the oven! I always like having one “baked” item in the house per week… I feel like it helps keep me on track, less visits through the drive through and more makes me feel better about choosing a smart snack.
These also work perfectly on children’s lunches! We are a nut free school so the browned butter gives that nutty flavour with out risking another child’s life! And besides… your kids can help you make these! #KidsInTheKitchen
What are your go to snacks?