Keeping Your Sanity on a Tuesday Night
Well let’s all be honest – Sunday’s big cooking event happened (and so did the dishes that came with it)… now what?
Is it time to rest yet? Oh wait… it’s about to be Tuesday and those short people who hover around you calling you Mom keep asking you “what’s for dinner”. Oh yes, it’s your family, and they still want to eat.
What to do? Well grab some of that amazing Big Batch Meat Sauce you so awesomely prepared a few days ago, and get ready for tonight’s meal. A fun way to enjoy lasagna with out all the pasta to boil. And speaking of, the spaghetti squash actually has a less carbs making this filling meal a little more ‘waistline friendly’. Win-Win!
If you followed my instructions last post, and made as much meats sauce as I did, you will definitely have tons of left overs. I actually froze my left overs so all I had to do was take out a pre packaged bag of this #awesomesauce and defrost it before making this.
- 2 Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup meat sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush olive oil on to each cut side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake cut side down in the oven for about an hour. Remove, and let cool down until you can handle it. Keep oven on.
- Once cooled enough, take a form and scrape out the insides. Place shredded squash in a strainer and press releasing water.
- Add the squash to a bowl. Mix in the meat sauce. Stir until everything is mixed well and divide back into the four squash shells.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Add dollops over the tops of the four squash boats. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the four and bake another 20 minutes or until the to is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil and serve!
So dinner wasn’t that bad tonight right? Pretty simple? Delicious? Healthy? It hits the mark for a delicious meal on a Tuesday night and keeps the family’s hunger at bay… at least for one more night!
Thanks for sharing! Love how easy this is, perfect!
This looks so good, I’ve actually never tried spaghetti squash with the kids, time to make it and hold my breath that they like it 😉
I’ve been meaning to do more with spaghetti squash 😀 These look deslish!
I’ve never thought of stuffing a spaghetti squash, but now this is on my must-try list!
I am all about repurposing ingredients from one recipe for others that week. Waste not, want not, right? And I would not want for anything with this meat sauce as an option for so many great meals. Yum.