We’re all friends right? This is a judge-free zone… so in the spirit of being honest, I have a confession:
My microwave is disgusting.
Yes, it’s true. With kids, and quick reheats (like my morning coffee… 3 times because I didn’t get the chance to drink it the first or second time it was hot), lunches, and splash dinners, microwaves get used and abused. And who really has time to wipe it out every time it’s used and maybe by accident the soup over heated… just saying…
So after I whipped up a batch (or three) of my all-purpose cleaner I thought it was high time I paid some attention to one of the many appliances of my sweet home. It’s fairly easy, takes about 5 minutes or so, and ta da! You’re done! A few days later, the inside still smells clean and fresh!
So what did I do? Clean.
You will need:
- a microwave safe bowl
- a lemon
- 1 cup water
- All-Purpose Cleaner of your choice (or the amazingly simple one you can make at home)
- Microfibre cloth
- Pour the water, and the juice of the lemon inside the bowl.
- Place in the microwave and cook at high heat for 4 minutes.
- Once done, remove carefully with gloves. The bowl will be hot.
- Wipe the inside of the microwave with the cloth. Almost everything should come off with no problem.
- I spayed a little cleaner on my rag and gave everything inside and outside a good wipe down.
- My microwave has a turn tray so I removed that after it had cooled, and washed it in the sink with soap and water.
It really didn’t take long at all, and it’s nice going to reheat my coffee these days in a clean microwave.
Like I’ve said before, spring cleaning is on my mind… and so are spring meals! They are coming up here on Fuchsia Freezer. Make sure you come back for more!