Good morning my dear friends! I can’t believe we are already done the first week of February, the time just won’t seem to slow down! That brings me to todays recipe – rushing to make a dinner after a crazy day. I love tacos in pretty much any form, and my kids love them too! I have previously written about these delicious and easy Kid-Friendly Chicken Taco Bowls, which work wonders on a weeknight, so today I’m changing it up again with this Taco Stack – easy to prepare, but ‘not the same thing’ as last time!
This recipe has layer, upon layer of black beans, corn, cheese and ground beef and goes in the oven to cook into a delicious layering of taco goodness! Plus, you can really change up the recipe to your family preferences (or whats in your fridge) which is why it makes such an easy meal on a tuesday night! #TacoTuesday anyone?
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 pack of reduced sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups tex mex shredded cheese
- 4 small (8 inch) tortillas
- Sour crea, tomatoes, avocado, hot sauce and other favourite taco toppings!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat add the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning with a splash of water, and mix everything together until taco seasoning is completely mixed in.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- In a pie plate layer your first tortilla. Add 1/5th of the taco meat, and layer with 1/3rd of the beans and corn. Add 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Layer with another tortilla and press down with a spatular or your hand to flatted the bottom layer a bit.
- Add the taco meat, beans, corn and cheese again, and layer with another tortilla.
- Continue the steps until you have a tortilla on the top. Add the remaining ground beef and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (until the cheese is bubbling).
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing like a pie. Top with all of your favourites and enjoy!
I find the flavours in Tacos and most mexican or tex-mex inspired dishes are so versatile. Plus you can really use up what you have in your crisper, or pantry and end up with something absolutely delicious in the end! I still love a classic taco, but this dish meant about 1/4 of the mess (since I topped it before I served it), and the kids ate up every late bite! What do you like on your tacos?
What a great combination of flavors! Mexican food is a favorite and finding recipes to make at home are the best!
What a great idea to keep all the good stuff in one place. We love tacos in our house but usually the ingredients end up all over the place after the first bite. This looks great.
Mexican food is a go-to favorite in my house. These stacks look great.
This is such a fun way to combine all of those classic taco flavors. Those avocados and tomatoes sprinkled on there with all that cheese and sour cream looks soooo good!
These look great. We love tacos in this house…what a nice new way to eat them. Thanks!
Looks like a tasty, easy weeknight meal!
I love how just a couple small change-ups can create a whole new meal. :o) I make a version of this called Flat Enchiladas. So tasty that there is regularly none left at the end of the meal! Delish!
These stacks would go great on our Super Bowl game day spread this weekend!! We love Mexican food in our house 🙂
This looks delicious. I recently made a recipe from Blue Apron that was a sort of Mexican food stack thing. Delicious! I will be saving this to make. Yummy!!
We love tacos, and have them often. What pretty stacks! Are these easy to eat with a fork?
Yum yum! I love this, easy and good! We love mexican food here! Pinned.
These look so delicious. I love having meals like this that are loaded with fresh ingredients and flavorful.
I have not ever made this before, and I love taco’s!
And it’s so darn easy!&
This is great! Tacos are always delicious, but the same old thing does get boring- this is just as easy!
Oh I totally agree!!