One week until Halloween…can you believe it? I can’t! And I’m so excited for it! I love dressing up, all of the fantastic costumes, I love the trick-or-treating part… it’s a big deal to me, and I’m so happy that both of the oldest girls love it as much as I do! And you can bet we definitely have their costumes ready to go! But… with halloween comes lots (and lots) of candy. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy that part too, but I try and balance out how much candy the girls consume (and really who am I kidding… myself as well). This sweet treat is a healthier option to serve the kids after school, or even on a school lunch, but they defiantly think it’s a treat, and the best part? It’s ridiculously easy to make!
- 3 8-inch tortillas
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan with a tight fitting lid add the pumpkin puree, apple juice, brown sugar, and spices. Stir, making sure to mix well.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- While your dip is simmering, cut your tortillas into 1/8ths. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the melted butter on to each ‘chip’.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle over the chips.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes (or until tortillas turn golden and crispy).
- Serve warm or cold. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (if it lasts that long!!).
And there we have it! So easy your kids can do it! My girls love helping out in the kitchen, and this really was the perfect ‘snack’ they could help me make from start to (almost) finish. I take over when it comes to the oven or stove, but they did cut the tortillas using a plastic pizza cutter… how perfect!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! This amazingly simple snack is perfect for your family to enjoy and I know your kids will love it! Stay tuned this week, another Halloween inspired snack is coming your way! Have a good one friends, and chat soon!!