Cook Once, Eat Thrice: Chicken & Potato Breakfast Hash
Good Morning Friends! Don’t you love Sundays? It’s still the weekend, and there is still one more day to get everything done. Actually Sunday is my favourite day to have my family gather around the table and enjoy a big breakfast together. These mornings I try and make enough breakfast to have some left overs for the week (that way the girls have a ‘hot’ breakfast before school now that the cooler weather has settled in). That’s why today’s recipe, the third instalment if the Cook Once, Eat Thrice: Italian Style Chicken series, was such hit at our house! I’m bringing you Chicken & Potato Breakfast Hash. This protein packed meal is perfect to start the day off on the right foot, but the eggs & chicken with the potatoes can also mean the perfect dinner!
I was really happy with how this dish turned out, and how delicious it was. It defiantly fit the bill, and everyone was satisfied!
- 3 small onions
- 2 cloves are garlic
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of shredded Four Cheese Italian Blend
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven safe pan add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onions and garlic, cook until soft (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from pan, and set aside on a plate
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add potatoes and salt & pepper to taste. Cook covered until potatoes are almost done (about 10 minutes). Stir occasionally and if you find your potatoes are sticking, add chicken broth (1/4 cup at a time) to help deglaze the pan. When the potatoes are done cooking, add the thyme.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add chicken, onions and garlic. Stir to make sure everything is throughly mixed. Smooth out mixture and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and crack 4 eggs over the mixture. Bake for 2 minutes, remove and add cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes more.
- Top with diced tomato, and basil. Serve immediately.
I think I have to say this has been an amazing series yet. I feel like I pushed the boundaries just a little more this time around and I really tried to create some new and inspired dishes for my family to enjoy. In this instance, the cheese, egg, chicken and potato mixture with cool tomatoes and fresh basil on top was a delicious and satisfying combination. I love how it all came together, and it’s even better tasting then it looks!
Hopefully this meal makes it to your family’s table. If so, I would love to hear how it turned out and what they think! Lots of exciting things are coming up on the blog, and I am so excited to share it all with you! If you follow me on social media, you will see some sneak peaks with what’s coming! Let me tell you, it won’t disappoint!
Thank you dear friends for stopping in again today and for your continued support. I love hearing from you and getting to see your take on these meals. Have a safe and wonderful rest of the weekend, and we will chat again soon!
This looks amazing! I love a good breakfast!
I adore hash. Those crispy potatoes are my favorite. Love your twist with the cheese and chicken.
What a great idea! It saves a lot of time and effort to cook once and eat thrice. 🙂
Oh, man, I could go for this right now! Potatoes for breakfast are a staple and I have only made hash once or twice before so I need to get on this!
This looks so wonderful – hash is such a comforting option for when the weather starts getting cooler. Yum!
Yum! This looks fantastic! I’ve saved your other recipes too, so now I have all three. Thank you!
This looks so good! My family would love this for any meal. Pinning to my breakfast board.
This looks like something out of a restaurant. It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.