Sweet & Juicy Grilled Pineapple Bowls
It’s happening AGAIN… yes I have thrown something on the barbeque and made it our dessert… yup! I said dessert. While you can take this recipe and flip it anyway you want, the end result is juicy, sweet grilled pineapple. No my friends, I didn’t just stop there – that would be too easy. This dessert made all of my other dessert pale in comparison with its sweet and summery flavours. I think what I like best about Sweet & Juicy Grilled Pineapple Bowls is that there isn’t a lot of added sugar – you can control how sweet this will be!
But my oh my, I almost wish I skipped dinner entirely and devoured this baby up first. The smells, the flavours… I couldn’t have asked for a better dessert then this, and even now, as I’m writing this, I’m thinking up new ways to take this to a whole new level… I will never look at my barbeque the same.
- 1 small pineapple (to make this easier, if you can buy one pre-cored and skin removed, you’re definitely in the clear).
- A little Olive Oil to brush on
- 1 pint of French Vanilla ice cream
- Small or Mini Waffle Bowls (you can find these in with the baking items)
- Chocolate or Caramel Sauce (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- If your pineapple isn’t already prepared, remove the skin & core. Slice into whole rounds (so you get circles)
- Drizzle a little olive oil over all of them, and use a brush to coat both sides of the pineapple slices.
- When you’re ready to grill remember two things:
- Don’t turn them or move them once they are on the grill
- Flip once
- Add each slice to your grill and shut the lid. Let them cook about 8 minutes, and flip once. Use a spatula as they become a little ‘soft’ once heated through and this prevents them from break and the juice going into your BBQ.
- Once you see grill marks on the bottom of your already flipped pineapple I would say you are done… so it should have cooked about another 5 minutes or so.
- Remove and reserve to a plate.
- Now it’s your call how you want to do this. I like mine brought to room temperature, so I leave the slices on a plate until after I’m done supper. I chop them up into bites-sized pieces.
- Take a mini waffle bowl and add two scoops of French vanilla ice cream. Add about ¼ – ½ cup of diced pineapple. Top (if desired) with chocolate or caramel sauce. And there you have it!
This is a great dessert to grill as you’re making dinner, that way dessert is just a quick assemble away and you have something extraordinarily delicious.
Thanks again for stopping by! The new book for the month May-June as a part of the Fuchsia Freezer Book Club is The Hypnotists Love Story by Liane Moriarty! Why not kick back and read a few chapters while you devour your newest dessert!
Have any reading suggestions or looking to add something to a recipe? Comment below or you can find me on facebook, Instagram or twitter! I would love to hear from you. Have a wonderful day and chat soon! Cheers xo
Update: I decided to share share this deliciousness with some friends over at Penny Love Projects! If you have a moment I would LOVE YOU TO STOP BY and vote for my post (this one here)! Cheers xo
These look really good! I love pineapple in the summer! My boys will love this recipe!
These sound dreamy! I need to fire op the grill and try this out.
What a fun and utterly sweet dessert. Grilled pineapple is amazing.
The perfect dessert for grilling days!
O grilled pineapple <3 If that doesn't scream summer, I don't know what does!
I can almost taste these through the screen – they look so incredibly delicious! Next time I fire up the grill, these are happening.
I absolutely LOVE grilled pineapple! Yum, I want a bowl of this right now 🙂
This looks amazing! I have never thought to add grilled pineapples to my ice cream – can’t wait to try this
My son’s favorite fruit is pineapple and he will adore this! (Love the red plate, too!) 🙂
Thanks!! It reminds me of a picnic table cloth 😉 I hope your son enjoys!!
yum. thanks again for this excellent recipe. I loved it!!
I love grilling fruit, it brings out such rich flavors. Can’t wait to give this a try.
What a treat, I love grilled pineapple! I’m thinking tart base instead of waffles, but what an idea, pinning! between I love your smile 🙂
Thanks for the reminder of how sweet and wonderful grilled fruit is! That sounds wonderful.