Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Let me tell you this mama is exhausted after this past weekend. Lots of cooking & photography for the blog… plus I got a jump start for my monthly newsletter coming out this Thursday April 30th!! #exciting If you would like to receive a copy, please please please sign up! Lots coming up in May that I’m excited to share with you… and if you want to find out about before I officially post it here, the newsletter is where you can get all of the sneak peaks into next month!
Today though, I’m sharing what we had for breakfast on Saturday, Breakfast Tacos. Another kid-friendly & versatile meal for everyone to enjoy! The following ingredients are to serve a family of 4, so that means 2 tacos for Clint, and one each for the kids and myself. I did use a little less egg in theirs since they are still young and have smaller tummies.
These are perfect to start the day off with lots of protein and healthy ingredients, plus like typical tacos you can add all the toppings you enjoy! The extra bonus of these: warm stove top salsa.
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5 – 6 tortillas
- Additional Toppings: shredded cheese, diced romaine lettuce, cilantro, sour cream
- To make the Warm Salsa:
- start my heating your pan and adding the olive oil. Then add the tomatoes, garlic and onion. Stir until tomatoes start to break.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, & lime juice.
- Reduce the heat of the pan to low and let sit while you make the scrambled eggs.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, milk & salt and pepper.
- Cook in a non-stick pan stirring occasionaly until eggs have turned golden.
- Serve eggs & warm salsa in tortillas with all of the toppings you want!
We ate these and were FULL until lunch time. You can serve this family style: your cooked eggs in a bowl, the warm salsa in another, and all of your toppings across the centre of the table, just like you would Taco Night! If you wanted to add meat to this dish, try removing breakfast sausage from it’s casings, and cooking in the fry pan separately as well. Lots of options for you and your family to enjoy, and frankly any excuse to have tacos has me in a very happy mood! I would love to hear any suggestions and additions you have!
Thank you for stopping in today. I really appreciate it, and look forward to connecting and sharing with you for another month! Enjoy & cheers!